Chocolatey Granola Crunch
Hello everyone! Today you've got Jen coming to you!
This blog is one that I have promised to you. It is the winner of last weeks What I Ate Weduesday from my youtube channel. If you have not seen the video go ahead and do your self the favor and check it out!
So the premise of this idea?? Here goes:
Each Wednesday on youtube I will show you 3 "best of" meals that I had during some point this week. It will always be a 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner and maybe sometimes a snack or desert!
You will VOTE all week long under that video for what recipe you want to see right here on the blog.
|Homemade Granola w/ dried apples|
Measuring cups & spoons
Medium sized bowl
(makes 1 serving)
1.5 T sugar free pancake syrup
1/4 cup (20g) old fashion oats
1/4 cup (4g) Arrowhead puffed rice cereal
1/4 cup (4g) Arrowhead puffed wheat cereal
0.5 T (14g) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup freeze dried fruit (Just Tomatoes! Archer Farms and Funky Monkey make them)
**You can really use any freeze dried fruit but for accurate nutritional information stick with a something that is about 100 calories per 1/4 cup (1 oz) **
1. Pre heat oven to 275 degrees
2. Place aluminum foil on baking sheet
3. Lightly spray sheet with non stick spray and set aside
4. Combine first 4 ingredients in bowl
5. Mix ingredients well to coat all pieces with pancake syrup to create a sticky mix
6. Evenly lay sticky misture on baking sheet
7. Bake for 15 minutes
8. Take sheet out of the oven and flip mixture over using spatula
9. Place sheet back into oven for another 15 minutes or until crunchy
10. Allow to cool
11. Place in bowl and sprinkle in chocolate chips
Our recipe was inspired by HG
This granola is fantastic on top of yogurt, over chicken, or snuck into the movie theater instead of munching on popcorn.
How do you eat your granola?
PEACE, LOVE AND PIZZA